Carter Ryan

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Letter to Carter...

29 July 2010

A Letter to Carter…

My dear, sweet baby Carter,

I hope you know how excited and anxious I am to finally meet you. I have been counting down the days for a very long time in anticipation. Your birthday just can’t get here soon enough for me. For more reasons than one. Everyone in our home is buzzing, but especially your oldest brother Elan. (Once you get to know E you will hold this in your heart closely because you will realize this is really out of character for him.)

I hope that you aren’t counting on being brought home to a clean or quiet house because I’ll let you know right now that is not going to happen. There will be dust, clutter, dirty laundry and dishes, little and big fingerprints, constant noise and plenty of chaos. You are the youngest brother of six. In the future though you will be glad because life is never boring and you my sweet boy will never be alone.

I will apologize to you now if you are accidentally dropped, have your face screamed in, are woken continuously from naps, have postponed feedings or are loved too roughly. Just always remember you are loved. Whether you have memories or scars to show for it remains to be seen.

I have a lot of hopes for you little one. My hopes for you are that you grow up to be strong in mind and spirit, loyal, kind and tenderhearted. That you live for God and no one else. I wouldn’t mind though if you were musically inclined and had the voice of an angel and also grow up loving the sport of baseball. Most of all I hope you always remember how much you are loved, cherished and adored at all times.

You were a surprise. A wonderful surprise. One that I cannot imagine having not experienced as I type you this letter. You will complete our family and make us stronger as a unit.

Always remember that I love you no matter what. You are my son. You are my pride and joy. You are one of the greatest loves of my life and I will cherish you always.

Love,

Mom

3 comments: